Register to Become a Glitterdome Gladiator!
The Glitterdome Gladiators are a co-ed junior flat-track roller derby program run by the Denver Roller Dolls. It is open to all youth age 6 – 17. These young skaters are the future of DRD and of roller derby worldwide. Our league is proud to help develop the next generation of roller derby athletes!
The Glitterdome Gladiators encourage and enrich young skaters by developing character, confidence, leadership, and social skills. The program also develops the athletic skills of its participants through fine tuning athletic abilities and/or discovering latent skills.
Age Groups & Requirements
- All skaters shall be 6 years or older on or before the start of his/her participation.
- All skaters shall be 17 or younger at the start of the season.
- Skaters are divided into two age groups: 6-11 and 12-17.
Practice & Scrimmage Information
- Practices are held at the Glitterdome (3600 Wynkoop St Unit A3 Denver, Co 80216) every Saturday during the season.
- The first session, for skaters 6-11, is from 9:00-10:30am. Access to the practice space will begin at 8:30 am on practice days and parents are expected to pick up their children no later than 11:00 am.
- The second session, for skaters 12-17, goes from 10:30-12:00pm. Skaters may be dropped off after 10:00 am and parents are expected to pick up their children no later than 12:30 pm.
- A once per season scrimmage is typically held at the end of the season, either at The Glitterdome or during the halftime of a DRD bout at the 1STBANK Center
Registration Fee, Dues, and Insurance Coverage
- Each skater is required to pay a $50 annual insurance fee, which can cover fall and spring sessions during the year. Skaters are HIGHLY encouraged to have their own primary insurance.
- Season Dues can be paid up-front or at a pay-per practice rate. The cost is $60 for the entire season or $10 per practice.
- If a skater is offered the opportunity to scrimmage during a DRD bout or any other prospective events all spectators/parents may be charged admission to the event.
- Checks for insurance and dues call all be made out to Denver Roller Dolls. Cash and check are the only acceptable forms of payment at this time.
Skates & Safety Equipment
- Skates will be available to use at the Glitterdome. These are old “brownies” and may not be desirable to skate on for an entire season or for bouts. Once skaters have become dedicated to the
sport, participants are encouraged to purchase their own skates. The Denver Roller Dolls have deals with a number of local stores for discounted equipment. Please talk to a trainer for more information.
- Required safety gear includes a helmet, mouth guard, knee and elbow pads, and wrist guards.
- DRD junior league has safety gear (except mouth guards) to borrow at the Glitterdome. Participants in the league need to own ALL required safety gear by the 4th week of participation.
- Each participant must have his/her own mouth guard AT EVERY PRACTICE or they WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE.
Get Started Now – Registration Forms and information